Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Rex Lee Run "Running for those we LOVE" - March 15, 2008

Alyssa and I (Rachelle) ran in the Rex Lee Run on Saturday - we were so excited to run together. We originally were going to run a 10K, but three weeks before the race I got phenomena and was instructed by my doctor not to start running till March 9th (six days before the race) - which means I didnt run/train for more than two weeks. Anyway, along with that - I learned that Alyssa didnt like to run on the treadmill and had decided to not run at all prior to the race, SOOOO...I quickly changed our 10K to a 5K.

It was freezing outside.
Here is Alyssa and I before the race.
The race was to raise money for cancer research, we could honor either a cancer victim or a cancer fighter. Alyssa honored Aunt Sonya and I honored Mom. There were tons of runners!
We FINSIHED!
We ran our 5K in 31 minutes - not the best time,
but good for the circumstances.
All in all, we finsihed and had a good time doing it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shelby and Alyssa - I AM SO PROUD OF YOU TWO! I know Grandma Reich and Aunt Sony were right there with you on Saturday! They are proud of you, too. I am so grateful to have such strong, amazing daughters (my best friends ever) in my life. You fill my heart more than you could ever, ever know. Thank you for support me, Grandma and Auntie Sone. xoxox MOM
P.S. I love you forever; I like you for always; forever and ever my babies you'll be. 1-4-3 24/7 366 (this year!). xoxo

It's DONE!

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying... "I will try again tomorrow."
--Mary Anne Radmacher

Mom has completed weeks and weeks of daily radiation and is regaining her strength slowly but surely from 9 grueling months of battling (and beating!) cancer. So remember, as Helen Keller said, "Keep your face to the sunshine and you will not see the shadows."

Thank you, again, dear family and friends, for all your love and support throughout 2008.