Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Mom's new style - March 15, 2008

After the race, we went to Cafe Rio (mom has been craving Cafe Rio like crazy since whe started chemo) with mom and Casey. After Cafe Rio - Mom and I headed off to get her haircut! She wasn't nervous about chopping her hair, it was more of the "this is really happening to me" feeling that got her the most about losing her hair. But she continued to stay strong. Many of you have asked if she started crying - she didn't. She is ready to "get this cancer behind her and get on with her life!"

She actually had 10 inches to cut, so Emily put her hair in a pony-tail and her hair is now off to "Locks for Love"

The first look of her new style in the mirror. I love her smile you can see in the mirror she is holding up.Doesn't she look beautiful?
I think she looks gorgeous.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That new hair do is so cute. When your hair grows back after chemo, I think you should keep it that length! So CUTE!!

Stacy said...

I love your new hair Rebecca I think you have found your soulmate in style!

Anonymous said...

I love it! However, I must admit...I wasn't suprised to hear that Rebecca was strong enough to not cry when they were chopping it off....but I did looking at the pictures. I am totally amazed how one person can be so strong and resolute! I know how much she loved her hair...but I agree...it is a very striking cut! Honestly though...with a pretty face like Rebecca's...she could get away with anything! Rebecca...what an amazing and uplifting experience this has been to watch you progress through this challenge in your life. Not long ago you were absorbing the diagnosis...now you've gone through the testing, started chemo, cut your hair...WOW! Very admirable to see your innate strength and courage shine through in such a trying time. You are a great example to us all! Kiley

pam said...

Maybe you didn't cry Rebecca, but I did. I think that you are beautiful in whatever style you choose. Beautiful hair. Beautiful Gal.

Anonymous said...

Oh My Heck, Sis! The 'do is adorable....you keep it that way when it grows back

xoxo,
Patti

me said...

i think shorter hair makes you look so skinny! we love you rebecca! love the hair!
by the way, nate said you look younger with short hair.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What an amazing thing! You made me sniffle...

Stay strong my friend.

Love to all of you!

Julie C

It's DONE!

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying... "I will try again tomorrow."
--Mary Anne Radmacher

Mom has completed weeks and weeks of daily radiation and is regaining her strength slowly but surely from 9 grueling months of battling (and beating!) cancer. So remember, as Helen Keller said, "Keep your face to the sunshine and you will not see the shadows."

Thank you, again, dear family and friends, for all your love and support throughout 2008.