Thursday, November 6, 2008

Emails ~

My cute cousin Carrie who lives in Texas frequently emails my mom and asks for updats ect. I wish I would have started posting them a long time ago, but I guess I'll just start now...

"Hi Aunt Rebecca-
I think I have told you this before but I just feel it so strongly. You are amazing. I can't believe what the last months have put you and your family through, and here you are now, a survivor in every single way. You really have made a impact on me and have changed me for the better.
The only thing I can't understand is how, even with no hair, you looked better than the rest of us! I was thinking maybe we could have passed you up for a few months... and now that your hair is back we have lost all hope. ;)
Still love you and still think of you and still remember all of you in my prayers.
Yours,
Carriebeth

P.S. In case no one has reminded you today: You are cancer free! It just sends chills up me to think about what you have accomplished- physically, spiritually, emotionally, occupationally (that last one was for going through the job loss with Mark). I can't imagine being where you are now- seeing what you are made of. It has totally changed my outlook on life. I can't complain anymore thanks to you. I just feel like if you were okay with what you went through I should be okay with life too- and not only okay with life but grateful for all of it- even the crummy parts. Love you!"

2 comments:

me said...

Can you please post some pictures of your hair in the morning that makes you LOL? We would like to join in the fun... laughing with you of course.

Unknown said...

Thank you to all of you for the journal you have written of your journey through breast cancer. I have a friend who is going through this, and my feeling of powerlessness to help her is only exacerbated by my ignorance of her day to day life through chemotherapy and associated therapies. The down-to-earth detail that you have provided here is invaluable to anyone who wants to understand the experience of the patient without having to tax her for an explanation of it. You have made an important contribution to the lay person's understanding of the disease and its treatment. Congratulations on a successful recovery, and best wishes to your family.

It's DONE!

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying... "I will try again tomorrow."
--Mary Anne Radmacher

Mom has completed weeks and weeks of daily radiation and is regaining her strength slowly but surely from 9 grueling months of battling (and beating!) cancer. So remember, as Helen Keller said, "Keep your face to the sunshine and you will not see the shadows."

Thank you, again, dear family and friends, for all your love and support throughout 2008.