Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Great Attitude!

A co-worker of ours sent this email to my mom, she the replied to both him and I with the following respose: "I LOVE IT! Thank you for sharing that! I'm trying to embrace a "good attitude" -- And guess what! I DIDN'T HAVE TO FIX MY HAIR TODAY :)".
The email -
Rebecca,
I saw this joke and thought you would enjoy it. I hope everything is going well for you, our prayers are with you!
Vincent

"Great Attitude"There once was a woman who woke up one morning, looked in the mirror, and noticed she had only three hairs on her head."Well," she said, "I think I'll braid my hair today."So she did and she had a wonderful day.The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and saw that she had only two hairs on her head."H-m-m, " she said, "I think I'll part my hair down the middle today."So she did and she had a grand day.The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that she had only one hair on her head."Well," she said, "Today I'm going to wear my hair in a pony tail."So she did and she had a fun, fun day.The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that there wasn't a single hair on her head."YEA!" she exclaimed, "I don't have to fix my hair today!"As is evident, Attitude is everything!Have a Great Day! Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.... Leave the rest to God.

3 comments:

me said...

Hi Aunt Rebecca-
I didn't do my hair today either! (But YIKES, maybe I should have). I am thinking of you- it is 3am and I woke up at 1:30, couldn't sleep so I am now up cleaning and there are no boys to rip anything apart as I clean- so I guess it isn't so bad being up. I figure you are up too with your insomnia. Sure hope not... I hope you are sleeping like a baby... well, an older sleep-through the night kind of baby. love ya, carriebeth

NatRat said...

Your blog is a "love-hate" blog...I love coming and learning about everything that is going on...but I hate it because everytime I go it the tears swell up....You are so strong Rebecca and have such a great attitude, and your getting ready status is so low matenence..sp??? I am kind of jealous. And Mark I love your comment that you think she is still "hot" what a good man you are she has so much support from her family...and I think you are super hot too! See you in a couple of weeks at the race! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I received that email also. I thought of those chemo days and how easy it was to get ready!
Thinking of you,
Suzanne

It's DONE!

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying... "I will try again tomorrow."
--Mary Anne Radmacher

Mom has completed weeks and weeks of daily radiation and is regaining her strength slowly but surely from 9 grueling months of battling (and beating!) cancer. So remember, as Helen Keller said, "Keep your face to the sunshine and you will not see the shadows."

Thank you, again, dear family and friends, for all your love and support throughout 2008.